Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Forced to have transformial epidural shot

I am not able to function nor walk far due to a fracture in my spine and herniated disk. I had 3 consultations from surgeons all saying I need a fusion. I was told I had to have a transformial epidural to satisfy my insurance company for surgery? Not only did it not help but I’m worse than before. I had a bad fall so it’s a trauma injury so why if I can’t do physics therapy was it forced into this shot? I lay in bed crying as I have no quality of life and felt like a guinee pig ! I had hopes the shot would relieve some pain but now it’s worse it’s so bad. I’m so depressed at the way insurance works and what’s not being done I’ve been like this for 8 months. I can’t shower with out pain, can’t walk far or tolerate being on my feet much, sometimes I have to lay down in my side to eat my meals like a dog! When is enough enough?

advertisement

Comments

• memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 6,478

hi sazzie!
    welcome to spine-health

i am so sorry you are having to go through this. but i do understand the pain all too well as i have the same issues. i have a pain pump but the pain is still there.
    do not give up!! do whatever the insurance says, even if you don't want to. have you spoken with your doctor recently regarding a surgery date? push and don't give up. i laid in bed over 4 months, per doctors orders before i had the pump implanted. but i never gave up. i went to every doctor appointment and did what i had to. you can too. stay on top of it!!

please click on the welcome link below and tutorial to help you get started on the forum.
    welcome to spine health

keep us posted and take care.
    Sandra
    Veritas-Health Forum Moderator
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my  Medical History
  • Memerainbelt-

Thank you for your kind words. I am going back to the surgeon next week to discuss results of my epidural. I don’t think my surgeon understands this needs to be fixed ASAP I need to go back to work and I don’t have a year to be treated. I’m told once I get a fusion from l4-5 it pawes the way for more trouble ? I may have thought I had the right surgeon maybe I’m wrong ? I have a fracture in my spine and he hasn’t even recommended support like s soft brace. We’ll see what happens next week 

• advertisement
  • L4_L5LL4_L5 Posts: 1,483
    edited 02/11/2018 - 2:47 PM

I know a currently 48yo woman who had a L4-5 fusion and 5 or 6 months post-op she was back to exercising aggressively two hours a day and hasn’t had a problem since. 

Everyone’s outcome is different since no two injuries are exactly the same.

If you’re still dissatisfied maybe seek a second opinion from a different surgeon.

Good luck. Please keep us posted.