Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

We're building a better forum experience with you in mind. Beginning June 26, 2019, all Veritas Health forums will move to forum.veritashealth.com.

Learn More

completely fused c3 to s1 and 5 inches shorter than before

Completely fused from C3 to S1  and 5 inches shorter than before but still weigh the same--everything between neck and hips just squished together (from the waist down I think I look pretty good for an old lady---full disclosure I am 77!)   I am very happy and feel so lucky to have been fixed  but I do wish I looked better.  I have a very healthy diet and do not eat much, but I am very limited in what I can do physically.   I think I have had just about every sort of therapy, e.g. water, physical---also acupuncture , massage, pain meds and on and on.   But my walking is dismal and I am not painfree.  It has been several years since my last surgery and I know I have no right to complain about being short and fat but I think one way to say thank-you to my family and my surgeons would be to look as good as I possibly can and as good as I feel. I have thought about getting sucked out or getting "iced out"  --sorry but I don't remember the correct terminology!--but I am open to all suggestions.  Thanks so much for reading all this babble-----I really am not vain but I am happy with how good life has been to me and I want the world to know how happy and lucky I am!

advertisement