Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Some Advice Please If Possible

I have been having lower back pain for a few years now at first I figured it was from jobs I had standing I would usually have a hot bath and the pain would go away but overtime it has gotten much worse.

Now its so bad I can no longer stand more than ten minutes without really bad pain where I have to sit down immediately I can no longer take long or short walks without barely being able to make it back home

The other day I took a chance and went to the store down the street and not only was my back in excruciating pain but the back of my legs behind the knees also got so bad I could barely drag myself down the street and the pain lasted for days before it  finally got a little better but the pain in my lower back never goes away

6 months ago I had to have part of my kidney removed due to cancer and at the time I thought maybe that was why my back was hurting so bad but after the surgery nothing changed it just keeps getting worse and I'm so afraid to go back to work I don't know what to do anymore . any advice on what I should do about this problem . 

advertisement

Comments

• Hello Bryan

Welcome to Spine-Health please use the link below for more info resources about and inside Spine-Health while waiting for members to reply

William Garza
    Spine-Health Mod
    erator

Welcome to Spine-Health

• I suffer from similar condition.  Consider microwaveable heat wrap from Walgreens with clay base.  That worked the best for me. 

I have multiple TNS devices that distract you from pain .  They are cheap now and can be found on Amazon.

Its like dropping a block on your foot to forget the pain in your back.

Hot tubs.  I go to one EVERY morning.

Heat seems to be best for me.

Good luck

• advertisement
  • martymarmmartymar Posts: 2
    edited 02/27/2018 - 12:58 PM

Bryan it can be so many different things and since it's been going on for so long and seems to be getting worse you really need to talk to your physician about getting an MRI. I would like to be more helpful but it's just a guessing game right now.

• I agree with the MRI. Not worth guessing what the problem is.

advertisement