Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Cervical Disc Replacement - 4 years later

I had a cervical disc replacement back in 2014 (c4-c5) I would love to hear from anyone that has also had this procedure to see where you are  a few years later.  If I can be of any help to anyone that is about to have the procedure or debating having this procedure i can help answer any questions from MY personal experience

advertisement

Comments

• I am interested in hearing your story. I’m six days out from disc replacement at C6/C7. Thanks.

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 12,641

I had ACDFs in 1994 (C4/C5) and in 2000 (C5/C6/C7).  I have a titanium plate that provides more stability.  I wore a hard collar for 6 weeks after surgery 24x7, and started physical therapy 3 weeks post surgery.

Since that time frame, I have been basically cervical pain free.   The only time I run into problems is if I over do something.  We always have to remember we had spinal surgery, and the times you forget about it are the times you do risk some flare ups.

The only negatives I have after those surgery is range of motion.  I have troubles, bringing my chin to my chest and have little range of motion going right to left.   This makes it difficult while driving.  I compensate with a oversize mirror and good pair of ears!

Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences 
  • advertisement
  • @dilauro Sounds like your procedures were a success. That is great! I did not have ACDFs. I had an ADR (artificial disc replacement), which is newer technology. I’m interested in successful recovery stories from that procedure. Anyone?