Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

We're building a better forum experience with you in mind. Beginning June 26, 2019, all Veritas Health forums will move to forum.veritashealth.com.

Learn More

T10-S1 fusion

Comments

• RangerRRanger on da rangePosts: 1,033

hey all,

I'm nearing the 11 month mark post-op of a very invasive posterior fusion of T11 to S2 with pelvic fixation and can honestly say it's been a positive journey seldom experiencing any setbacks. The worst pain was immediately post-op from being placed with most of my weight bearing on my chest for 12 hours during the procedure which is unavoidable. I was fortunate to have what I believe was the best medical team at one of the best medical facilities caring for me. It's not difficult to be positive when I'm reminded of that every day. Now it's my job to stay active, eat healthy, and preserve what I have. Not only for myself but out of respect for my medical team that spent countless hours rebuilding my lower vertebrae. Three years prior they did the same from C2 to T3, again with great results.

• that is so good to hear ranger. I am very happy for you. there are good stories out there and I am glad you sharded that here. now I wished I could come meet your doctors, i'll trade ya...lol

• advertisement
  • RangerRRanger on da rangePosts: 1,033

it's good to be lucky xrobynx, so I'd rather be lucky than good.

wishing you the best of luck also

• I had my surgery the day before yours and the pain was so bad the embarrassment of needing to be wiped or showing my bits and pieces every time I moved didn't even register. I don't remember anything until the next morning and I was told I was in recovery for over 6 hours and they gave me everything they had before they gave up and moved me to a room. I was too busy dealing with pain,  all the things I thought I could occupy my time with didn't even get touched.

Like someone else said I followed a surgery bucket list in case I couldn't do them again. I was already pretty limited so some things like dancing and hiking couldn't be done.

I had T10 through pelvis done and I still have a lot of posterior pelvic pain that still severely limits me at times and is just frustrating at others.  My spine itself feels great but my muscles are still spasming but I think it's getting better. How are you doing now? 

We got your back, pun intended haha, if you have any questions or would like some tips.

advertisement