Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Intrathecal Pain Pump

Hello All,

I was wondering if you guy could provide more information over the intrathecal pain pump? Just some of the biggest problems you have had with the device itself or simply the system? Is there anything I should watch out for? Or that you wish ho

advertisement

Comments

• memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 6,073

Hi U535M732
    Welcome to Spine-Health

First of all, would you please give us more information about yourself. Do you have a pump? Or thinking of getting one and why?
    I have a Medtronics 40 ml. morphine pump, had it implanted 1-19-2017. Refills are about every 3 months. I also have a PTM (personal therapy manager), a very small remote device that will give me an extra dose every 4 hrs. if I need it.
    If you have any further questions I will be happy to help you all I can.

Please click on the Welcome link below and Tutorial to help you get started on the forum.
    Welcome to Spine Health

Hope to hear from you soon.
    Sandra
    Spine-Health Moderator
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my  Medical History
  • I have a baclofen pump, so same device but different medication.  I had a csf leak from the insertion of the intrathecal catheter, and then worsening because of the pseudomeningocele (pocket of csf fluid) rupturing through the skin.  Be very thorough in your choice of doctor, if they're experienced, and how they handle complications. 

ACDF w/Corpectomy C3-6 12/8/14 ; Laminectomy C3-6  5/19/2016

• advertisement
  • Hi im new here. I have been reading a lot of previous posts. I had my first trial injection today for a pain pump. They gave me .5 mg dilaudid and didnt last long at all. I go back friday and again tues to try different dosages or medications to make sure it will be beneficial to me. Any advice on the 3 injection trial? 

• Hi. I've had mine since 5-1-2014. At first I had morphine, but it did not have any effect on me, so I switched to a brand new med called Prialt. Unfortunately, I am now maxed out on Prialt, and have only an improvement from a pain level of 9 to a 7-8 level. So they are talking about switching me to something new. I have had NO problems with my pump or the insertion, in spite of an earlier large CSF leak at L3-4 from a bad surgeon doing a fusion who nicked the spinal cord...The surgeon who implanted the pump and inserted the catheter only had a little problem getting through the scar tissue from the earlier problem. I am thin, so my pump "shows" but I don't much care.

advertisement