Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Pain Pump surgery coming up

Hi I was reading pain pump notes I have been in pain for a very long time 6 car accidents. not my fault ok!  any way i have Lupus dx 7 years ago. Osteoarthritis though out my body. have a replaced knee 2 years ago. Fibromyalgia, neuralgia and a lot of other crazy stuff. i worked hard all my life until 5 years ago i was no longer able to walk because of pain and Lupus . I was on meds at work and learn to bear the pain until my Lupus caught up with me and sent me to bed for 6 months. I have a long story I wont yet get into, but  I have helped a lot of people with my past pain and 23 surgeries. (but I need help now, )  please I am scheduled  to get the pain pump .

I am scared and have put it off before. I don't know anyone with lupus that has the pain pump . I am afraid it will cause an infection or my Lupus will react and send me back to bed again. does anyone have one who has moderate to severe Lupus symptoms? I am taking a lot of meds right now, . but i a not getting relief, to long on meds. I don't feel them in my head no cloudy stuff but i do forget a lot of stuff. That I hate . so will I feel the meds with pain pump I don't want it if I do. I saw on here some people do,  

The meds are affecting my organs so i do have to change something. i have been on medicine since my first Car accident in 1985. Drunk driver hit me bad. but i came back and worked hard and did sports even, I tried the stimulator for 4 years it  kept on breaking, had it taken  out, I actually felt better having out of my body.  I am at a point now if i go watch my grandsons game i have to lay down for two days because the pain is so bad just from that. I want some life back maybe go back to school finish my masters. can i do that with the pump. can I hold my grandchild and not feel like Im going to drop him,   So any advice from any one with this issue? I will be waiting. Thanks for letting me join u.

advertisement

Comments

• memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 6,060

Hello vikingmom
    Welcome to Spine-Health

I am so sorry you are going through this. I's a tough decision, one that took me a year, a lot of research and finally finding my answers here on Spine-Health, not to mention all of the support I got and still get. I have a Medtronics morphine 40 ml pump. My catheter was placed at T1 as the surgeon wanted to try and cover as much of my spine as possible. The meds stay in the interthecal canal, they do not go to your liver or kidneys so there is no "drug feeling". You never feel any different because the meds are continuous, 24/7.
    I do not have lupus but please read my medical history. I also have a thread "Day 1 of the Pain Pump Journey". It's a journal from start to now. Anything else you would like to know I will be happy to answer, just ask.
    I know the pump has changed my life, from being basically bedridden to now being able to get out.

Please click on the Welcome link below as well as the Tutorial to help you get started on the forum.
    Welcome to Spine Health

Take care and hope to hear from you soon.
    Sandra
    Spine-Health Moderator
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my  Medical History