Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

When will the pain end?

I am beyond frustrated and feel like I’ve hit the end of my rope pain wise. It’s now been over 6 weeks since my RFA and I feel like what little relief I had a few weeks ago has ended and now I’m sliding back into my old pain. This was a bad week both pain wise and with work and I’ve just been in an awful mood. Even at pt he knew I was hurting bc I sat on ice and had ice massages in between the few stretches I could force myself to do. I just dont understand how I had much better relief with the nerve block than I did with the RFA. 

Am I still in the healing stage? Will the pain lessen? I feel like it won’t and I’m just frustrated at this point. I go back to see my doc in April since that was the first available appointment and I feel like my body will give out before than. I’m having worsening pain in the front hip bone on my right side which is something that has never given me an issue up until a few weeks ago.. The pain is in my bone and it makes it nearly impossible to go up or down steps without having to stop every few steps. And sitting is still impossible bc if my left si pain which is where my normal pain is located. 

The pain shooting down my leg was getting better and was only shooting into my thigh whereas before the rfa it was shooting to my toes. Now it’s starting to shoot down below my knee again and my foot tingles all the time again...like I said, my symptoms are worsening again. I have no motivation anymore to do anything other than work bc of the pain and fatigue. This has been such a long road and I feel like there’s no end in sight especially with new symptoms popping up! I just need to vent bc I feel like everyone around me is sick and tired of hearing it. And as sympathetic as everyone is I’m just tired of it all! I just want to feel normal again!

advertisement

Comments

• memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 6,271

bren
    Please don't give up and say you feel like there is no end in sight. If the nerve blocks helped you more then request another one. Talk to your doctor about other options and make a plan with him. Sometimes if you just keeps notes of your daily life and let him read it,it will help.
    Good luck and take care.

Sandra
    Veritas-Health Moderator
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my  Medical History
  • Thank you for the response. I’m not giving up, just venting and complaining haha. I’m just hoping my doc has insight on my pain in a few weeks or that it al of the sudden goes away, which would be better. But with me it seems as if it just gets worse! If not I’ll see if there’s an orthopedic doc to see if they have my ideas on my pain both in the hip and the si joint. I was just hoping at this point my pain would be limited or non existent especially after how successful the nerve block was!

• advertisement
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 13,435

Bren,

Thats all part of living in chronic pain.  You can not see when things are going to get better and you realize that people around you dont want to hear about your problems anymore.  I know its not fair, but that is just the way it is most of the time.

Best thing to do is keep a positive and upbeat attitude.   That will go a long way in the end.  Once you start along a path of depression, that spiraling downward is so difficult to stop.

Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences 
  • your right there ron folks dont want to hear! I have a relationship with my pain when it hurts i swear at it or somtimes say oow that was a good one you got me there haaaa laughter and gritting your teeth is good pain releif

• Yeah it was a bad pain week last week. I don’t know if it’s weather related or not, but it’s been bad lately. Plus I was in a bad mood all week so that doesn’t help haha. I had two days off of work because of the nor’eater that hit this week and I felt great by Thursday! Granted I still had pain here and there, but t wasn’t constant which was nice! Going back to work and driving put me back into pain, but not nearly as much as it has been. I’ll take it while I can get it! Hopefully it means I’m on a better track pain wise. I see the doctor in 3 weeks so hopefully he either has a new plan or it’s feeling completely better!

• advertisement
  • Hi bren85
    Sacroiliac (SI) Joint Problems
    Great to read your last post sounds so much better and I hope it continues in that direction. Si joint is a pain that really takes a toll making it hard to bear doing anything. My mood and the cold for sure effects my body. 
    I was wondering did you put your name on the list to be called if someone cancels then you could get in earlier? Just a thought I would hate to see the pain get worse for you.
    Keep your chin up and bug them to try that procedure again that brought you relief if they can. That had to be so wonderful to feel relief even for a short time gives a person hope.
    Take care and for sure let us know what happens.
    Sherrie
  • I wish I could be called for a cancellation! Unfortunately I work 45 minutes (minimum depending on traffic and time of day) from the offfice and I can really only see him first thing in the morning bc of my work schedule...and of course even the first appointment of the day I’m usually late haha. So I’ll take the appointment I have bc they are few and far between. I have limited days off left so I have to use them only when absolutely necessary!

• martymarmmartymar Posts: 98
    edited 03/25/2018 - 1:14 PM

Bren85 when you talked about the weather I think I can predict a better forecast than the weatherman, I can predict a storm 24 hours in advance and tell how bad it's going to be. Lol

• I’m starting to think I can too haha! The weird part is is that the weather never really affected my back like this until I had the RFA. Or at least not to the extent of the last month... maybe it was just the severity of the storms. I’ve been ok the last few days. Still have pain but it has decreased quite a bit. Maybe the nerve burn is finally kicking in? Fingers crossed!

• Dear Bren! And dear friends! I’ve been suffering with this SI pain for A year! It’s terrible. Been through every chiropractor, Pt. Scheduled epidural and ..canceled. I went to see an osteopath. The experience was unique and amazing. Don’t listen to anybody. Don’t read too much about it. Please. Just give it a try. And find a certified DO. I’m sure you will feel better. And I’m wishing everybody here to get your pain free life back. It is possible. Believe.  o:) <3

advertisement