Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Acupuncture

Anyone tried acupuncture for pain? I’ve got an appt June 1  kinda desperate bc I can’t have surgery right now  

Going to go back to scroth therapist next Monday for review. I did scoliosis Pilates and neglected my scroth so I’m hoping that starting back again regularly will at least help some with pain and stop the curvature from getting worse.   

Then maybe some pain management later  

advertisement

Comments

• I have not tried it but I can't wait to hear how it goes for you. It is something I have thought about, but not tried because of the cost.

• scoliogirlsscoliogirl Augusta Posts: 36

My insurance pays for 10 visits at $40; after that it costs $80.  We will see.  I wiill keep you posted

• advertisement
  • I did for persistent neck pain...but insurance cut my sessions off before i could make a educated guess..i did get a little relief from what was done and it didnt hurt at all.

William Garza
    Spine-Health Mod
    erator

Welcome to Spine-Health

• WLLadyWLLady Ontario CanadaPosts: 1,433

i too would be very interested in hearing how it goes for you!  i've been contemplating it....because i still have muscles spasming out just above my QLs now (at least it's not the QLs anymore!), but my insurance only pays 10$/visit....and it's a wee tad more than 10$ per visit...

Kathy
    Spine-Health Moderator
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Dec '16 T10-S2 fusion with pelvic fixation. Laminectomies L2, L3, L4, L5, facet removal, cages L4-5, L5-S1, severe scoliosis, arthritis and stenosis repair. 

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 13,249
    I had good results with acupuncture. I did it for about 9 months, 50 or so sessions. $90 out of pocket, no insurance coverage.
    The reason I stopped was while I had the treatments, I was feeling good, if I missed a week, it would almost be like starting over again

Take a look at Acupuncture an ancient treatment for current problems
    Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences 
  • advertisement
advertisement