Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot

In this Discussion

Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Epidural for L5 S1 pain herniated on sciatica

Hi All, I recently had the epidural cortisone shot. ( My insurance made me) I am now having extreme burning pain in my right foot and nerve pain from the side of my right calf going down to the big toe with occasionally sharp pains in the big toe. Could this be a cause from the shot . Of course the Dr got offended and said it wasn't and couldn't tell me what was wrong all he can is give more shots. I cant take this pain much longer especially on no pain meds except Tylenol. The nerve pain meds made my depression and anxiety worse so the pain management Dr recommended I just quit all the meds. So I did and now what?! I've been out of work for over a month I have 2 kids and I haven't been able to do anything for the past month. Just recently started driving and that hurts and cleaning the house. Barely sleep and cry every day in pain. Any ideas. I've been seeing a neurosurgeon should I go to an orthopedic? 

advertisement

Comments

• Hi alleycat

I am new to the forum, this is my first post. Sorry to hear your having so much pain after your quarter zone injection.  I was lucky after the first I had 100 percent pain relief, but after 6 months it was back then another injection, these went on just over two years and I had 8 injections into L5/s1 the relief got less over time and I stopped having them. The last injection was over 5 years ago and my lumber spine has fused itself from  L3 to S1. My lumbar is a mess, all from a fun day  on a quad bike to a silly move that blew out my L5/S1 disc. This was back in 2000 , then 2011 I was rear ended at a set of red lights, herniated C6/7 and bulged L4/5and L5/6 and now they both have herniated and L3/4 has joined in and my neck is just as bad, fusing itself and thoracic couldnt cope and has 7 levels at phase 3 degeneration. I have a great neurosurgeon and no way will I go down the surgery path until I loose use of my limbs. I know a few who have had spine surgery and did nothing for their pain. Life has been a living hell since I was 36 and only going to get worse. I lost my job in 2013 and I became a “ work cover”risk. I did the multidisciplinary pain management, but had a very bad experience and early last year I got a referral to a private pain doc and in a 7 month he’ll came off meds and now just take endone. I agree driving or just being a passenger in a car sets of a flare up from hell. Sleep? What’s that? 

Any ways chin up get through the next hour and go from there

Harpy