Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Confused

Hi! I am new here. And i didnt know where else to turn or go. I will start my story.

I am 34. I was having intense pain in my neck and massive headaches. I went to the Drs who did a cervical spine xray. The results were i have moderate degenerative disc disease btw c5-6 and c6-7. 

Also said i have a straightening cervical lordosis. I was never in a car accident. I need to see a ortho and neurologist now. Ms or parkinsons has always been a suspension but no testing yet. I was told to wait until im 35 or 36.

My confusion is..isnt these diseases for much older people? I was also dxed with osteoporosis when i was 20..im only 34. Is it really possible to have all these already? Am i gonna shrink and always be in back and neck pain now??

Sorry for all the questions. 

Ty, for listening

Tricia

advertisement

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • In my own experience, the DDD can strike at any age. The disease doesn't care what age you are. lol sure hope you stay aggressive with a doctor's care. Best to you! 

• advertisement
  • memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 6,069

Hello Confusedmom
    Welcome to Spine-Health

Most people have degenerative disc disease and can start very early in life. But you can also live it depending on the severity of it.
    Below is a very good article that will help you understand it better.
    All about Degenerative Disc Disease 

Stay on top of the osteo too. Regular testing would be helpful to manage your care. Learn all you can about both and ask your doctors a lot of questions. Be your own health advocate.
    Please click on the Welcome link below and Tutorial to get you started on the forum.
    Welcome to Spine Health

Take care and please keep us posted.

Sandra
    Spine-Health Moderator
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my  Medical History
  • Thanks for the replies! I totally understand not to overthink anything. Its more of ok what did u jus say i have kinda thing. Everything i been reading is very confusing. 

I am already short! Lol im only 5'3. So i was just like ok do i need to prepare to be midgetized?! Ha. 

I cant see the Neuro or otho until November. They gave me some muscle relaxers and anti inflammatory meds for the time being. 

As for gaining weight, i have a paralyzed stomach and im a runner so gaining weight is hard for me..

Honestly, i would just like to take a drink of my water and not be in tears from the pain. Or turn my head without my neck electrical shocks zapping me and walk without my legs jerking on me..

One last thing, is DDD reversible? Can i fix my neck and spine?

Hope everyone is doin well

advertisement