Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Six years of Pain, Doctors and Surgery and still in pain.

I started with hip and groin pain and was told I needed to have my hip replaced,check that off had it done, next had been told my subtalar joint on the right foot was shot, check that off had it fussed, 15 weeks on knee scooter,lots of thearpy for everthing years. After left hip was done, I mean while still in the hospital I could not lift the left leg up off the bed and now the story starts,No back pain or leg pain no pain because of all the pain meds for the next 2 years, I get off all the meds, very hard and the back pain starts up again, the leg pain returns, start to loose balance and the left leg is very weak.    I start at a pain doctor, lumbar facet joint injections and injections too many to remember 18 total I think, no help still in pain. More thearpy , more xrays more mris. Have seen 2 new Docs one neruo  and on ortho spine Doc, One wants to do 4 level nerve decompression and the other 3 or 4 level fusion with hardware. Each Doc says the leg weakness Will never get better, i will get foot drop and strenth of leg will not get better. It might make my pain better or maybe not.

I just dont know what to do I am almost 70 years old and not ready to give up still have alot of thing I still want to do with my wife and family anybody have any advise?????

Ken

advertisement