Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

We're building a better forum experience with you in mind. Beginning June 26, 2019, all Veritas Health forums will move to forum.veritashealth.com.

Learn More

SSDI - Have to have a "Limited Exam"???

Has anyone ever heard of this? I've had a Mental Exam(A month ago), and a Memory Exam (27th of April) and now I got a letter today from SSDI saying they set an appointment for a "Limited Exam" with a place called Meridian Diagnostics.  Any input would help as I have looked online everywhere and have found nothing.

advertisement

Comments

• I'd suggest you do a search on "Consultative Examinations". 

Several Epidurals, L4-S1 360 ALIF, Numerous Facet Joint Injections, RFA x2
  • memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 6,473

If you are applying for SSDI, no matter what exam they want, you need to be there. 
    Like EMS Guy said, search the above, I did and it was very interesting.

Sandra
    Veritas-Health Forum Moderator
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my  Medical History
  • advertisement
  • I read up on Consultative exams, and yes, I am in the process of applying for SSDI.  I already had an FCE, Mental Exam, Memory Exam, so I am wondering what on earth they want to do/know with this one.  The Consultative sounds a great deal like FCE combined with medical summary of what's going on with you - is it to get their assessment of my medical condition?

• From what I've learned, it's to answer questions that none of the other examinations have been able to answer.  I've never been through one, so from a personal standpoint, I'm not sure what they will dwell upon.  Given what you have at stake here, I'd consult with a disability lawyer to make sure you know what to expect and perhaps get representation.  I'm not a big lawyer fan, but when it comes time to disability, they can certainly help!

Several Epidurals, L4-S1 360 ALIF, Numerous Facet Joint Injections, RFA x2
advertisement