Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement
New Members, Please read our Forum Rules before submitting your first discussion

Lumbar and Sacroiliac pain

I strained my lumbar and sacroiliac during painting 3 weeks ago.  I had a week off. Went back to work for one day, then the second day I had first aid training for two days and sat on a hard chair for most of the day.  The next day I had immense pain and finished the day.  I haven't been back to work as I find it hard to sit down without back support and getting up is also very painful.  I find that it takes me hours in the morning to manage the pain and getting dressed.  I am only on Panadol three times a day x 2 as I am also on blood thinners and have been told not to take any anti inflamm.  I bought a lumbar support brace which has helped on occasion.  If I sit with two cushions behind me am ok as long as I get up and walk around.  Getting up is a slow process to straighten up.  I can walk, I can bend, I walk one dog a day.  I get tired very easily and am usually laying down after 3.  I cant go back ot work as Doc said no house cleaning, no bending low and not for the full day.  I work in aged and disability for the council where I live.  I want to go back to work to finish before I retire in Nov this year.  I am managing pain. I can do stretches, I can lift my leg to put socks and shoes on.  Am having an ultrasound tomorrow to see what the damage is.  I do use a heatpack or cream to warm up my back before getting out of bed in the morning.  The xray showed degenerated lumbar and sacroiliac with osteo.  I fell off a horse when I was 19 and fractured the sacro area, the coccyx and tailbone.  The xray showed no fractures.

advertisement

Comments

• hi marina64

welcome to spine-health

good luck with your imaging today and please let us know about results if you would like to share those.

this site has lots of information and you can access about conditions at the top of the page.

i have added two links below to help new members with information and these also contain the forum rules.  there is lots of material to research on spine-health that will give you the power of knowledge.

welcome to spine health

aj 

AJGormit

---------------------------------------------------------------

L5/S1 herniation Apr 2013
    nerve root injections Oct 2013
    L5/S1 discectomy Jan 2014
    L5/S1 nerve roo &, facet joint injections & edpidural Jan 2015
    L5/S1 revised discectomy, L4/L5 discectomy & Wallis Inswing Stabilisation L4/L5 May 1st 2015
    L4-S1 TLIF with decompression June 2017
  •  Are you able to request an MRI through the NHS? I never heard of ultrasounds being done for spinal injuries. X rays won't show soft tissue damage or disc problems. 

Ol' Spiney..Micro-D L4-L5, TLIF L4-S1 -post op central HNP L4-S1,stenosis, retrolisthesis, EF, facet arthropathy, lumbar& cervical DDD. FBSS- Medtronic pain pump & SCS
  • advertisement