Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement
New Members, Please read our Forum Rules before submitting your first discussion

Got room for another "big ball of pain"?

Hope this won't be too long.  I have a ton of issues...arthritis, steel rods everywhere from the waist down, fibro, depression, and the list goes on.

I was Dx'd in 2001 and joined a support board "international friends" started and ran by a wonderful, dear friend from Norway, Mosken Bergh. Last April this angel passed from ovarian cancer, and a  few months later the board was closed.  Many of us knew us for more than 20 years.  We tried to make another group on FB but it was a failure...

Friends board was my lifeline...literally. Now I find myself isolating and being very lonely...not to mention hurting constantly.

I am looking for a new "home"...could this be it??

advertisement

Comments

• LizLiz Posts: 9,745

hello muppypud 

welcome to spine health

please tell us  bit more about your condition so we can understand fully. 

all new members should take the system tutorial 

Liz, 

Veritas-Health Forum Moderator

Spinal stenosis since 1995
    Lumber decompression surgery S1 L5-L3[1996]
    Cervical stenosis, so far avoided surgery
  • Hi Liz,  it's a long list, but here goes.I was badly abused when a child, and my hip needs replaced...the pain is intense.  I have fibro and OA, carpal tunnel in both arms...pinched nerves in my neck and shoulders.  I was on oxy's for 14 years, then quit on my own.  Did great without them (well still lots of pain) until 2 years later I tripped over my kitten and broke my right leg in 3 places requiring metal rods.

I also have several crushed lower disc's...I spend 24 hours a day in pain.

Just as I was starting to walk again, when I developed serotonin syndrome, broke my other leg and "as the surgeon put it" shattered both ankles.  I was in the extreme trauma unit for 2 weeks.  Long story, but my "after care" should have been brought to litigation, and I really fell apart.  My special needs 20 year old had to care for me.

It's been a year and a half since I have been out of my wheelchair, but the pain has gotten unbearable.  I didn't want to go back on the opiates, but last week my rheumatologist of 20 years , after some prodding, has put me back on opiates.  Nothing as strong as the oxy's but hydro's, and only 2 a day.  It only takes some of the pain but it's better than nothing, eh?

Another factor, is that my 25 yo lives with me, and has special needs....so that really adds to my stress, and in turn my pain levels.

• advertisement