Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Sport after ACDF C5/C6 - Rugby

Hi all

First post on here so apologies if it is rubbish! I am 10 months post op after I fracture down C5 and dislocated c6 when I was playing rugby - didn’t lose consciousness or any feeling just incredibly painful. I was sent to hospital where the doctor performed surgery. I was in a neck brace for three months which was horrendous, having to wear it for 23 hours of the day was the biggest challenge for me.  As soon as the neck brace came off I began running in an attempt to shift some weight as I have always been a very active individual. I have gone back to playing touch rugby with no contact and considering going back to playing rugby however not on my surgeons recommendations. I am cycling, swimming and running most days and have been skiing on two holidays in the past four months with next to no pain however I feel that my posture has been affected.

The purpose of this post is to see how much activity and exercise others have done post surgery and see the progression.

Look forward to seeing any responses.

advertisement