Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Waked up by leg pain in middle of night

I am wondering any one like my case.

I have MRI result and indicate that my disc bulge press the L5 nerve root and cause my right leg pain. I cannot sit, but I can stand, walk and run no problem. I did the steroid injection recently. 

My real trouble is sleep. I can lay down on my back and feel very good if I am awake. After I fall asleep about couple hours, I will be waked up by pain of my right leg. Regardless how I adjust my positions, the pain will be there and I have to get up and walk around. I can use icepack to get back sleep for couple hours and waked up again. I found I can recover from pain quicker if I slow run for couple miles and then I can go back to sleep for couple hours. In day time, I can stand and work and feel very good.

Any one has suggestion what I should do and have explanation? I am a marathon runner and I find run fast can address my pain quicker but I am not dare to run more. 

advertisement