Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Chronic pain from spinal cord injury

miozzilmmiozzil Posts: 1
edited 07/31/2018 - 1:32 AM in Chronic Pain

Hi 

I am new to this board and wanted to let you know my pain status. In 2016 I sustained an incomplete spinal cord injury. Had surgery fusion c5/6. I have numbness in parts (most ) of my legs and tingling also from waist to legs. I had no pain for the first 3 months after the injury , went to physical therapy  then wham it hit hard. 

So have been to numerous pain and spine experts. 

Including [edit] and had as a recommendation to stop pain a decompression and fusion on c3-t1. As it stands that did not help, probably made pain a bit worse. Been on opiods and Gaba cymbalta Valium  many opiods I cant take  

I have had 2 stimulator trials nevro and Abbott burst. Neither super great results. Had numerous epidural injections   No help.  

Found a pain management dr who I seen since January. Tried ketamine injections. Had bad reaction, he did stim trial of burst in June which helped somewhat during day but not at night. So do I go with that yet.?

He also had me on low dose naltrexone for abt 6 weeks but reaction from ketamine so bad, I went on levorphanol opiod  

Today met with him, and asked to trial a pain pump before I decide what I should do. He said we could trial one  

I am never without pain in my inner thighs and crotch area. 

Anyone have similar experience with any of these options 

I am hoping pump helps

Linda

Edited by Liz, Spine-health Moderator To remove medical facility

advertisement