Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Lead revision

Hi all, its been a while since my last surgery in Dec 2017 which was getting the implant of the spinal cord stimulator. Its been a busy 8 months since and have had great joy watching our grandbaby who is now 15 months old and growing too fast. I have continued with my rehabilitation and still seeing my speech therapist with vocal cord issues, from surgery, but this has settled down a bit. 

I've been working with my Medtronic rep and PM Dr trying to get the right program to work without success. Unfortunately last Monday a decision was made to have a revision of the leads as they have moved and dropped.  No wonder I have still been in so much pain and still taking some pretty strong pain meds (Palexia 200mg twice a day pain meds,  Baclofen 50mg at night for jumpy legs and hydromorphone for breakthrough pain most nights). Was also taking Lyrica, but ceased that as I was loosing my balance and walking into walls. To this day  I still haven't slept through the night since my accident in Feb 2016. I continue to see a psychologist as my PTSD, anxiety and depression have returned with a vengeance. And now the possibility of medication has been bought up, but will try to avoid it if I can. This next surgery is being done this Thursday and will be surgery number 7 in about 20 months. Fingers crossed it works this time.  

Regards Meema

advertisement

Comments

• memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 6,260

Meema
    I am so sorry you are having to go through this. I remember what you went through before and after your surgery in Dec. And then your throat. I am so glad that has settled down. Did anyone ever figure out what happened?
    Grand babies are awesome and I'm glad to got to enjoy him so much. Take care and keep us posted after surgery.

Sandra
    Veritas-Health Moderator
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my  Medical History
  • Hi Sandra, yes grandbaby's certainly are precious. When it comes to my voice, all I was told was I had muscle tension dysphonia secondary to underlying right vocal cord fold paresis. It has taken a long time to heal and come good. Over the past month due to the depression and anxiety, my voice has started to flip again. I have to do my exercises and concentrate on my breathing to bring it back again. I've been advised that this can happen with pain and the way I've been feeling.

Regards Meema

• advertisement