Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

L5-S1 Herniation Recovery

Hello all, I have an L5-S1 herniation 8mm and was injured in May 2018. Initially after my injury I had severe sciatica pain and could not stand, sit, or lay on my back or side for more than 5 minutes without excruciating pain. Also the pain ran all the way down my leg with numbness and weakness in that leg. I’ve been doing McKenzie exercises, acupuncture, massage therapy, physical therapy and inversion therapy with good results. Got down to zero pain but still limited with bending and twisting and then a couple of weeks ago my physical therapist made me do several exercises (even though I told him no and he didn’t listen to my concerns) that aggravated my injury and now I’m back to feeling pain again in my right buttock. I’m super frustrated and need encouragement. Is there anyone out there that made a complete recovery and could go back to doing normal exercises? I practice yoga and miss doing twists and forward bends. I also miss running too. I feel I was set back a month in recovery time.

advertisement

Comments