Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

sassy19562003

Hi,3 years ago I had low back surgery they fused my back I have 3 titium cages bars & srews the second I woke from surgery I couldn't feel my foot the Dr. tells me oh it takes a year to heal.So 1 year to the day I went back & said I still can;'t feel my foot & in horrible pain come to find out I had a pinched nerve inside the cages I went threw hell that year so he went in loosened the swew to unpinch the nerve & it did feel better .But the pain only lessened going into the 4th year now they also fused my back .I go threw pure hell still can't feel my foot that he said would go away the first year.I went today & told him I want them taken out I can't take anymore he says they are a part of u now  I have lost 63 pounds from not being able to eat because of pain I want them gone but he tells me they are part of me now.I have a friend that had a rod going from her neck to the bottom of her back she walked side ways bent sideways rather for years she got a new Dr. that took the rod out & this girl walks straight & is off all meds So I need that kind of Dr that will take these out Does anyone here ever had theres taken out?Its been goin on 4 years I hurt soo bad I can;'t take much more my foot still I can't feel even so he told me oh that will go awy as u heal well instead I still can't feel it & had to gpo back in to unpinch a nerve inside the cages I have shot after shot some do help but its a constant having to get them I can't keep going like this Please anyone if you can give me advice ty or if anyone has had their swews & cages taken out please tell me about it & where did u have it done please I need help Donna

advertisement

Comments

• memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 5,916

Hello sassy195620031!
    Welcome to Spine-Health

It is against forum rules (#5.10) to post specific physician names or health care facilities names on Spine-Health.com.
    If it were me, I would start researching for a neurosurgeon or neurologist and get a second opinion. But a surgery for one person may not be the right surgery for you. That's why you should always get a second opinion.

Please click on the Welcome link below and Tutorial.
    Welcome to Spine Health

Sandra
    Spine-Health Moderator
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my  Medical History