Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

I Feel Hopeless

Comments

• TlhbRamseyTTlhbRamsey Posts: 1
    edited 09/19/2018 - 2:16 AM

Wow...don't be so hard on yourself. Injury, illness, and sickness has no age barrier. You may need to switch your PCP, if possible. I only went to my PCP twice, he said I had a slipped disc and should keep working. I knew something wasn't right. Finally, changed and new one ordered an emergency MRI the first day I went. Well, it took two weeks to get it done, so much for emergency. Anyway...you definitely need to start there. It looks like you have been given treatment(s) with no diagnosis. My cousin's Dr. ordered PT for her, I asked her what for. She said she didn't know, and the doctor didn't know what was wrong. My next question was, "how can he order PT without knowing what is wrong"...she agreed. She had been speaking to a rep from the insurance company and called her back and asked her the same thing. She got her MRI ordered. Everything you have done, could make it worse not better. Be careful, there are more bad, than good doctors out there. And, just like anyone else, just because they have this job, does not mean they are good at it. You may possibly have a tear or tears in a disc. This is very dangerous if left untreated. I'm no expert, but you know your body better than anyone, even the doctors. Good lucAnd, from the looks of it, they have gave you "the typical" treatment, it is like the latest fad or something. I refused to take any of that [edit]. Excuse my French. The doctor that said the MRI would be useless is an [edit]. For sleep, have you tried Melatonin or Valerian  Root, if your stomach can handle the Valerian Root? With the disc tears laying and sitting is pretty much next to impossible. I hope this make some since to you. I am often somewhat sporadic with speech...written as well as verbal.

Edited by Liz, Spine-health Moderator To remove inappropriate language including doctor bashing

Warning: Before you try any supplement, herb, over the counter item,  etc always consult with your doctor to make sure you get their approval. Some of these products may be very effective, but no two individuals or medical conditions are alike. What works for one, may cause trouble for another..

• Joel1QJJoel1Q Posts: 324
    edited 09/21/2018 - 1:23 AM

Seriously, 23 and already ages ahead of many 35 yr olds I know....

I just feel people in actual pain get a bad rap.

go easy on yourself and go easy on your body and spine until you know what’s really wrong as has been said

and good luck you have a long road to walk and only one body to drive it in  :) I always was taught and now try to teach, going to the mechanic or computer guy sucks, so learn to fix cars and your computer yourselves - you’ll never pay for major car or computer repair (unless your just unlucky) or worn out and you are too young to be worn out too.  Do the same with your body-Find your groove take care of it and stay in the center lane.  

L3-S1 ALIF Feb 2018 and 

L3-S1 PLIF Laminectomy and Fusion March 2018

• advertisement
  • MRI. You need this. Don't give up asking for one.