Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

What to expect

I have been being treated by an orthopedic surgeon and am going to see a neurosurgeon tomorrow for a second opinion. What can I expect? I'm tired of being in pain and now I'm experiencing neck pain that radiates down my arm. I've been using essential oils for pain relief but I want to be free of anything for pain!

advertisement

Comments

• memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 5,587

hjohnson1980

How did your appointment with the neurosurgeon go today? You never explained what you were being treated for.
    Please provide us with more information about yourself and your condition.

Sandra
    Spine-Health Moderator
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my  Medical History
  • I have been diagnosed by the neurosurgeon with Sacral joint inflammation in the Bursa sac (this keeps joints lubricated so they can move). I have had lower back pain for almost 2 years. I have spinal stenosis, degenerative disc disease, bone spurs on the spine, and arthiritis. i have been seeing an orthopedic surgeon since February. I have had 3 nerve injections with minimal results. Last one only lasted 1 week. I have now seen a neurosurgeon for a second opinion. He was great. Not pro surgery like the ortho surgeon. I am only 38 and he told me i was too young for back surgery. I am now scheduled for a facet joint injection, bilaterally. We shall see how this goes! I also need to lose some weight. I am working on that!

• advertisement
  • memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 5,587

Thanks for the feedback!! Below is a very good article on being young and having spinal problems.

Being young with spinal problems 

This will give you some ideas when you talk to your doctor again.
    My grandson has been on Ketos diet for a year and has lost  over 70 lbs. and he's never hungry!!
    Lets us know how the facet injection goes.

Sandra
    Spine-Health Moderator
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my  Medical History
  • hjohnson1980 

In 2014 when I was diagnosed with cervical issues on top of lumbar pain I’d had, I saw a surgeon but declined surgery, and he didn’t push, he just reminded me it wouldn’t get better unless I made some radical lifestyle changes at 50.   Best to do those radical lifestyle changes as early in life as possible I’m told.  :o

My main one was I was overweight— after diet changes—no sugar all protein and veggies for 3 weeks and then just not being stupid after that, I lost over 50lbs and haven’t had a cervical issue since.  I had radiating pain in the left arm so bad I couldn’t lift my left arm for weeks, physical therapy wasn’t very helpful but the weight-loss, and then regular exercise + keeping the weight off helped the most. Ironically my lumbar issues were helped some by the weight loss but eventually the stenosis force was too great down there... :) 

Good Luck!

advertisement