Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Lower back pain post motor vehicle accident

Comments

• So I have been doing some reading and came accross some interesting things on the sacrum. Injury to the sacrum or SI joint can mimic the pain of a herniated disc- before my MRI I was sure I had one. I did some pressure tests with my husband and it seems as if it's not the SI joint bothering me but the actual sacrum. A little bit of pressure and I almost jumped up to the ceiling. So it seems as though my low back pain isn't coming from my lumbar spine at all. I'm going to bring this up at PT and with neurology in a couple weeks.

• Hello bogistry happy new year hope for a speedy recovery. I myself started with a new physical therapy seem to help a little too. Doing a lot of lower back exercise. I could lift and carry my 3yr old daughter now with no problem and getting in squat position less painful. My pt look at my mri said is my disc that is Causing me pain. Same here my lower back hurt when I press hard. I also get the deep aching or irration in my buttock lower back and different part of my leg. Good to hear your migraine is gone! I was stiff right after the accident and thought I will be fine but no a week later that is when sciatica develop. Did you hire attorney because you Shouldn’t have to pay anything out of your own pocket medical treatment should be on lien. Me too I want speedy recover and be father and husband I once was. Maybe I might have a sacrum problem. Please can you share the link with how you did sacrum pressure test? Keep us posted with your condition. Thanks 

• advertisement
  • Its likely not a sacral injury for me. It seems as though I just have a really bad muscle injury. I can feel the knots through my low back. I did a round of steroid injections and that helped for about 2 days. I dont want to manage my pain, I want to solve the problem so I have given up with neurology and saw an orthopedic doctor. He has me in physical therapy yet again but this time I am doing dry needling- what a freaky exlerience that is. It helped a little so far but the pain isnt going to stop until he muscles are loosened, if that ever happens. Its all just so frustrating and I find myself so bitter because here I am in and out of doctor offices for nearly a year now while a careless young lady is off at college living her best life. I do have representation but they apparently don't do liens or really work with me much at all to be honest

Here is a video of checking the sacrum

advertisement