Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Fused C4-C6, Injections between C6-C7....question on another fusion...

So, had my MRI...shows that my fusion for C4 to C6 is fused from 2010. Now discs above and below are weakening (no surprise, I was told this may happen), however pain more severe below. Just had injections...not sure this is helping but giving it time.

When doc mentioned a possible second fusion, I thought...well how long will the top be ok? So my question is, am I being impulsive that I want to say just fuse whole whole damn neck so I don't have to keep having surgeries if the top is gonna go too?

Any advice appreciate...thanks :)

advertisement

Comments

• joowee40joowee40 Mississippi Posts: 308

Hi....so where are you with your pain now that you had injections? I'm 9 mths post cervical posterior revision c3 to c6 of failed acdf that was c4 to c7 and am in so much pain still after I initially doing better and cannot sleep from being awakened hurting every night after a few hrs sleep. 

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 13,584

You really dont want to have your entire cervical area fused.   There is no reason to do that.  Yes, you may have problems above or below the current fused area, but that does not mean it will be at a stage where surgery is required.

Besides, I doubt any insurance company will approve having your entire neck fused unless a surgeon indicated that it was a necessity.

Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences 
  • advertisement
  • nutcase007nnutcase007 United StatesPosts: 947
    dilauro - Yes, I agree tat one does not want to have one's complete cervical area fused.  Sometimes, one does not have a choice.  I'm fused C2 to C7, not by choice.  Before my last fusion at C4/C5, which was the choice of fusion or likely becoming a quadriplegic (didn't take much time to make that choice), my body had just fused on its own C2/C3 and C5/C6.  Sometimes, we have very little to say in our situations. 

That situations was forced upon me, thanks (sic) to the guy that wasn't watching the road and slammed high speed into the read of the vehicle I was driving.  Many days, I wish that he would have killed me that day, given all the surgeries, destroyed health, broken relationships and lifetime of severe pain.