Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Online blood test to prove fibromyalgia?

jme123jjme123 Posts: 27
edited 12/17/2018 - 4:45 AM in Fibromyalgia

Im not sure if I can post the link to the website but the site says "EpicGenetics' FM/a® Test is an FDA-compliant blood test that has been in use since 2012 and has successfully diagnosed patients with fibromyalgia from around the world. This simple blood test recognizes the immune system’s multi-biomarkers which are unique to fibromyalgia.". 

Does anyone know anything about this, or if it would be worth while looking into to rule out fibromyalgia? I believe you get a blood sample ordered from your doctor then send it to them and says test has 93% accuracy.

advertisement

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 6,478

And how much does this cost??!! Please don't do that. Would you actually send your blood to someone you do not know or trust?
    I have fibro too, have had it almost 30 yrs. It's your symptoms, the side effects and an 18 point system that determines if you have it. And a good doctor!! Don't believe everything you read on the internet.

Sandra
    Veritas-Health Forum Moderator
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my  Medical History
  • advertisement
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 13,584

Doctors can't detect it in your blood or see it on an X-ray.
    Because there is no test for fibromyalgia, your doctor must rely solely on your clinical symptoms to make a diagnosis.

Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences 
  • Since you said on another thread that you have a potential disability case I’d ask a disability lawyer whether the test you mention and its results could be considered/recognized in a disability claim.

If the results aren’t recognized by doctors or SSD administrators then I think it would be a waste of time and money.

Maybe you would agree. Not sure.

advertisement