Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

The difference

What’s the difference between being dismissed and being blacklisted? I’ve heard both and I was recently dismissed from my very first Pain Management Clinic for getting medicine from and ER doctor, two times had been directly related to my house burning down on the 16th November in which I lost everything. Now I saw a different doctor at the practice than my normal doc because of the situation. The third time was because I was in so much pain from my heavy periods I was doubled over. That was my dumb mistake but I checked with doctor for the first two however they were okay’d. I also didn’t lie about any hospital visit and my pee text did come back for a different pain medicine for the last one. 

I think that’s why she dismissed me. I told her I didn’t have any of my Tramadol left but she didn’t let me finish as to why I was short however that hardly matters. I assumed I had been taking too many for the reason why I was short but I had separated them into an empty bottle of mine by mistake when I was filling out my weekly pill containers. In actuality I’m only short two days. No need to go explaining that after the fact I just mainly want to know the difference between “Dismissed” and “Blacklisted”

advertisement

Comments

• L4_L5LL4_L5 Posts: 1,037
    edited 12/26/2018 - 6:49 PM

Same thing I would think.

Dismissed, released, blacklisted, banned, pw3nd, etc.

• Actually maybe not.

Dismissed can mean that one particular doctor will not see you again, and his partners in that particular medical practice will not see you.

But blacklisted, lol, blacklisted means that no doctor in that corporation and/or town, and perhaps surrounding area will see you; so you are without a doctor of any kind.  My mother was blacklisted about three years ago by a GP.  She had to move out of the area to get a doctor.

• advertisement
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 12,890

Essentially, what L4_L5 stated is valid, same as what grtgrandma1aneeda70 said.

You can get dismissed from a pain management practice for a number of reasons, breaking any pain contract you had with them, seeing multiple doctors for medications and/or running short of opioid medications.

Then it depends on how that practice handles the situation.  Depending on how the write up the reasons for your dismissal can determine if you would be blacklisted by the medical field.  Once that happens, it is close to impossible to find another pain management center or pharmacy that will work with you.  That also includes different states.  With the electronic medical records, information like that can be seen by almost any state that incorporates a system to allow them to view all medical records.

If you are blacklisted, you want to discuss that with your doctor, explaining the circumstances behind the fact you were short.  Some doctors will be understanding and some will look at it as plain black and white.

Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences 
  • Dilauro - old Pain Management clinic offered to send my medical records over to my new pain doctor so that’s a plus?

• I think they always send your records and I don't think a new PM will even see you without them.

the best thing to do is be completely honest with the new PM.  In all likelihood, they will already know what happened.  That is the only way you will build trust with them.  In the future never get anything filled without their permission ahead of time if possible.  Just do anything and everything to show them you are an open book and can be trusted.  That's the key.

hope all goes well at the new PM!

Cindy

• advertisement
advertisement