Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

We're building a better forum experience with you in mind. Beginning June 26, 2019, all Veritas Health forums will move to forum.veritashealth.com.

Learn More

Sacroiliac pain

Hi there

I'm new to the forum.

For the last few weeks I have been dealing with symptoms of SI pain. I think it may have been triggered from the gym.

Sitting, standing and walking is difficult for longer than a few minutes

I'm.hoping to get an MRI Scan soon and cortisone injection.

I had disc surgery 18 years ago and my back has been generally very good since.

Just wondering what people's experience is of SI pain, how long it lasts etc?

Thanks

GED

advertisement

Comments

• I would add that I.am in excruciating pain in the morning. It gets slightly bettet as the day wears on.

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 13,434

I've had SI Joint problems on/off for about 8 years now.  Never needed a MRI or other diagnostic test.  All my doctors needed to do is a simple clinical examination and they pinpointed to the SI Joint

I've used a SI Joint belt which did not give me any relief.   Best success was from SI Joint injection.  One injection and the problem went away.  It came back only because I have a knee ready for a complete replacement which is throwing my gait off.  That in turn has flared up my SI Joint.

Take a look at these sets of medical articles   All you need to know about SI Joint problems

Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences 
  • advertisement
  • memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 6,473

ged1980
    welcome to spine health
    all new members should take the system tutorial

i've had si joint problems too for a while. while injections help some people they did nothing for me. the only thing that ever helped was a procedure called a caudal block (or caudal epidural injection). it is performed through the caudal canal using fluoroscope to assist the physician in locating the collection of nerve roots thought to be inflamed and causing pain.
    the first time i had an injection, i was almost pain free for over 3 months. now i am due for another one and can't wait.

Sandra
    Veritas-Health Forum Moderator
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my  Medical History
  • Thanks both for your input! This is a new pain experience for me!

advertisement