Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

L5. s1 fusion on Jan 31

After two failed microdiscechtomies Dec 13, and then again on Dec 18, we proceeded with the fusion.  I’m coming up on a week post op and struggling with fear and paranoia.  I have some nerve pain again in my left sciatic where all the original pain was.  I know there was some small scarring, but I suppose I am just scared that I will do something to jeopardize the healing.  I am self employed and a single mom and the anxiety of worrying about lost work during December and January has been intense.  My clients say they are sympathetic and then push me to work on their projects not even a week after this fusion.  If just appreciate anyone to help encourage me and for some buddy time during this journey.  Normally I am a super positive person.  I have survived cancer 4x and had a lot of rough surgical and medical work done.  I feel like God keeps giving me miraculous circumstances and I am so thankful, but I also need some coaching on how to politely but strongly defend this healing process.  Thank you!  Blessings to all of you on your journeys as well!

advertisement

Comments

• claireparr- You have been thru a lot in a short period of time, it will take time for the nerves to calm down after being decompressed. I understand you are in a tough spot as far as your job goes but you must give yourself time to heal, if your clients are that insensitive they have the problem not you. I hope you feel better very soon.

challenger
    Veritas-Health Moderator

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 13,526

Recovery takes time, please read  Recovery, the most important phase

We can all understand your emotional impact at this point.  Spinal surgery is never easy and at times its much harder after the surgery is completed.  Please take a look at  All about Depression and Copin

Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences 
  • advertisement
  • memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 6,364

claireparr
    Even though you have had surgery, please join Feb. Surgery Buddies. You will get more support there as well as a lot of buddies to help you out. Click on the link below, go to the last discussion and start your discussion. Hopefully I will see you there.
    As far as your recovery goes, no one can do this but you. And if you let other people disrupt your recovery you are the one that has to pay for it not them. For now, you have to learn to say "no".

Take care and hope to see you in Feb. Buddies.

Sandra
    Veritas-Health Forum Moderator
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my  Medical History
  • @claireparr I had PLIF surgery back in December and I hear you on the nerve pain. It does get better with time. My story is in December Surgery Buddies, including my setback, but I am healing and you will, too.

Here's a virtual hug for you when you need it to help ease the pain and stress.

Feel better soon.

advertisement