Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot

In this Discussion

Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Relief

I am elderly, but active (9 rescue animals);  I recently have been diagnosed with Stenosis & Hip pain.  Told I must have Cortisone injections  8 years ago I had the same problem, lived in Florida, had Doctor who believed in Sarapin injections which I had, a series of 3.  For 8 years I have been pain free. I had tried cortisone, didn't work then, why should it work now.. Steriods effect me badly.  I have looked everywhere to find someone who uses Sarapin to no avail. No side effects to Sarapin either.  I live in Memphis, TN now.

advertisement

Comments

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 13,425

If I am reading your post correctly, you have recently been diagnosed with Stenosis and Hip Pain, and that you had the same problem 8 years ago.

Where is the stenosis ?  Lumbar or Cervical  ? and at what degree level did the mri indicate?  Normally, when its mild or moderate, the spinal injections are one of the suggested course of action.  When it becomes severe, surgery is almost always done, since stenosis is a type of condition that really doesnt get better without proper corrective actions.

What is your hip pain?  Is it because of Arthritis?

It would be helpful if you read and responded to  New Member Guideline and Checklist

Sarapin, from the Pitchers Plant is a biological medicine that has been in use for over 70 years, Sarapin cannot be patented.  

That is one of the reasons you dont hear alot about it.  From what I've read about it, overall it is not as effective as Cortisone(Steroid)

Since your doctor has recommended Steroid injections and you have bad after effects, I assume you discuss this with the doctor.  Have they come up with any other options?

Spinal injections are very effective for some people and not so for others.  I have had over 12 ESI (Epidural Spinal Injection) and about 60% of them helped me.

Take a look at  Spinal Injections

Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences