Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

How long for pain to go away?

Hi,

I’m a 21 year old healthy, active female. I took a fall 6 months ago upside down onto concrete & compressed my T7 & T8 vertebrae. I know it takes a long time for the pain to get better after an injury like this, but I was wondering if anyone else who has broken their back before could tell me how long it took them to feel better and what sort of things they did to get better. Right now, I’m doing PT where I work on strengthening & stretching my muscles. 

Mahalo,

Allison

advertisement

Comments

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 13,517

We really need more information.  Please read and respond to  New Member Guidelines and Checklist

Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences 
  • Hi Allison,

Sounds like you are either from Hawaii or live there now!  It's really hard to say what you may be in store for without having more info, but each person heals at different rates.  Diet, exercise and medications play a big part in healing.  Something your not going to want to hear, but there is a chance you'll ever be 100%  again.  Breaking/fracturing your spine can cause damage just as healing can also cause issues depending on the original injury.  There still is a good chance your pain will ease and you will get back to the way you were.  Just don't rush things!  Listen to your body. If you haven't seen a doctor yet about the continuing discomfort, I'd suggest you make an appointment so he/she can see what's causing your pain. 

Several Epidurals, L4-S1 360 ALIF, Numerous Facet Joint Injections, RFA x2
  • advertisement
  • Hi Allison,

I had a compression fracture of my T6 vertebra and it was discovered through an X-ray.  They do not know the cause of the fracture as I did not have a fall.  I was put in a back brace for 6 weeks and the pain did not decrease and the X-ray showed it had not healed so I had a kyphoplasty March 6th.  I believe it helped with the pain, but I am experiencing achiness in that area and I feel fatigue in that area of my back by the end of the day.  My doctor said it takes time.  You are much younger than me and you may not be a candidate for the procedure I had.  Hope you are getting good care from a spine doctor and that your symptoms improve.

God Bless,

Ruthie94