Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

1st Birthday of my Dad

I want to apologize to all if I sound a little blunt today. Today is the first Birthday where we haven’t had our Dad since his passing. His last Birthday was spent on a ventilator after being hit head on by a individual who was high on Oxycontin driving 90 mph and still accelerating in a lifted Red GMC 4 x 4.. My Dad held on even with unsurvivalable injuries before he gave up the fight. For 29 days. Of course the other driver had minor injuries. Did he go to jail? No! The judge thought drug rehab was a better place for him then jail. 2 days before he was to go in front of the judge, he was found dead after overdosing on Oxycontin. My Dad suffered. This other individual did not!......David

DavidG

Veritas-Health Forum Moderator

advertisement

Comments

• MikethepikeMMikethepike MIchiganPosts: 677

What a terrible thing to happen to your father and your family. It’s very hard to lose your father normally but yet for him to pass in that way   is tragic. I pray for you and your family to get through this. My thoughts And prayers  are with you and your family. Take care and God bless all of you. 

• David

Time heals all things..well to a point. I hope that you find a way to move forward and not give any more time to the scoundrel. Cherish the memory of who your dad was to you instead. Let those flowes grow..not any for the other.pain will be replaced by peace ...quietly and surely as the sun rises

William Garza
    Spine-Health Mod
    erator

Welcome to Spine-Health

• advertisement
  • David

I understand your pain, I lost my father 6 years ago and my mother 4 years ago, it gets easier with time, but it never completely goes away, try not to remember your dad in the hospital, but remember the good times with him, and the sorry individual that took his life, don't give him the time of day because he does not deserve it.

Chip

challenger
    Veritas-Health Moderator

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 13,526

David,

Its never easy losing a parent, no matter what age they are.  But its always sadder when it was the result of someone's total inconsiderate actions.  And to top it off, the offender gets off basically scott free.  Not fair.

My heart goes out to you David

Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences 
  • dmoddmo Posts: 616
    edited 02/28/2019 - 7:57 AM

Hi David,

Ok I am going to push the boundaries a bit in the post so hang on and maybe it will pass through to the other side.  We have our mutual faith so we know what life is all about. More important for us is what happens after the last heartbeat and the final breath.  To be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord.  I hope your father placed eternity first in his life.  If this is the case then believe me he will not miss a single thing going on in this world we now live in.  He is beyond happy, living in the presence of Greatness and perfection.   

While your father is living in paradise this leaves you waiting for your own demise at which point you will be united with those of like mind and spirit.  I know it may seem a lifetime but we are just a vapor of mist quick to dry on a sunny day.  Our faith promises all tears will be wiped away as no eye has seen or ear has heard of the treasures awaiting us in heaven. 

My deepest sympathies are with you this day. 

Gob bless

dmo

• advertisement
advertisement