Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

SCS FAILURE (Nevro)

I had a VERY successful trial, but the permanent unit is not working for my leg pain at all. I feel as though I wasted a whole year. I have had many lower back surgeries ranging from laminectomies to fusions. I can now only walk about 20 feet at a time due to severe nerve pain? I can't get a good MRI now that the stimulator is implanted. My pain is almost a 0 (zero) when I sit or lie down. It's a 10 very quickly when I stand or walk. living life in 20 foot increments is no life at all. I see the doctor next week. Probably going to have the stimulator removed in order to get proper tests and diagnosis. I have a few questions: 

Has ANYONE have or had this same problem? I know it's not a circulation problem is the only sure thing.

Has anyone had a successful stimulator trial, and then the permanent implanted and not help at all?

advertisement

Comments

• Sean

Welcome to Spine-Health

Have you talked to a company rep. to see if there are other programs that offer better coverage? I had a stimulator for several years and had to work with the rep. quite a bit before it really helped. There are also other test that you can have that the stimulator will not interfere with, such as a myelogram, after my fusion surgeries, lumbar and cervical that is the only test my doctor's usually offer. Good luck and keep us posted.

Chip

challenger
    Spine-Health Moderator

• memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 6,042

I had a SCS implanted after a successful trial. But within days I knew it was not going to work. I was in more pain than before I had the implant. Within a few months I had it removed including the leads.
    Everyone is different as you can see. It worked out great for Chip but not for me.
    Good luck with your doctor and let us know what happens.

Sandra
    Spine-Health Moderator
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my  Medical History
  • advertisement