Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

5 weeks post discectomy L4-L5 pain

JoelpfcJJoelpfc Posts: 7

As the title suggests, I had severe sciatica pain from March 2018 to January 2019, affecting me daily. To the point where I couldn’t raise my leg past 30 degrees and generally had sleepless nights. Not to mention the shooting and back pains too. The doctor said a huge piece of disc was removed along with an ‘oddly shaped vein’. Anyway I had the operation removing part of the disc and for the first few weeks I have generally been fine. The wound pain in the back has gone, however in the last 3-4 days I have been getting the shooting pains down my leg. Not to the level as it was pre-op, however bad enough to make me wonder whether it has been reherniated? I haven’t done anything except walking as advised and wanted peoples advice or expierences on this as it’s causing a lot of stress for me. 

Thanks.

Closed - Duplicate Post
Rule # 5.11 - you agree not to make duplicate threads.

advertisement
This discussion has been closed.