Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Penny Gudmundson

Wondering if anyone has found good grip shoes/boots suitable for Canadian winter that’ll be easy for me to put on/off myself. 7weeks post op from L5-S1 fusion with instrumentation. Been wearing running shoes but soon as I get outside the soles freeze and they become a bit slippery. They’re also not the easiest to put on. Thanks In advance!=)

advertisement

Comments

• Penny

Sorry but forum rules do not allow members to recommend any products

challenger
    Veritas-Health Moderator

• Oh that’s unfortunate...

• advertisement
  • Jerome001Jerome001 Cocoa Beach, FloridaPosts: 363

I found some sort of elastic or stretching shoelaces for my shoes. After I put in the laces, I used the provided clips to set the tightness I wanted and then tied up the laces. Now, with an extra long shoe horn I can put on and remove the shoes easily. I'll send you a private message with the details as I think that is allowed.

• Jerome001 - those sound exactly like the laces I had.  Those and my back up camera were my favorite aids after surgery, oh and my sock aid.  Still use that :)

10 level fusion T9 - S1 with pelvic fixation. Two titanium rods, 24 screws, 4 cages.

Firm believer in PMA

• Jerome001Jerome001 Cocoa Beach, FloridaPosts: 363

urbmshr - it is the little things that help us get by!!! :)

• advertisement
  • Hi Penny
    Hope you are seeing positive results from your surgery. Oh that would be the worst for you to fall down. I wish we could give links or names but for good reasons we cannot.
    I just did a little internet search putting in "comfortable boots with tread and easy to remove". Of course you get a ton right? But I did find some pretty easy and what came up too was Velcro instead of laces so they are easy to do and remove. You might want to check that out just trying to help.
    Good luck in finding something safe and works for you.
    Sherri

• Thanks everyone!!

advertisement