Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot

In this Discussion

Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Intense Pain During Testing

Hi folks, I'm currently at the end of day two of testing Boston Scientific's SCS device. I have Crohn's Disease, Ulcerative Colitis, epilepsy, and a whole host of other issue. the main problem has been for me a constant pain scale level of 8-9 of abdominal pain. Unfortunately, I'm one of those rare people who cannot tolerate pain medications and because of Crohn's, can't take any NSAIDs. 

The device is working great for my abdominal area, but the incision and where the test device is "installed" is causing tremendous pain... almost a constant 9. Is this normal and does it go away? They are taking it out after five days, and ugh I don't see how I can get through this. 

If this is normal, will I have pain like this after they implant the device, and if so, for how long?

Thanks! 

advertisement

Comments

• Ebins

Welcome to Spine-Health

I had a stimulator for several years, when I went through the trial I can remember it was somewhat uncomfortable at times, but not severe pain, my suggestion would be for you to contact the doctor that put it in right away.
    Chip

challenger
    Spine-Health Moderator