Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

CBD oil for pain management

Has anyone had experience using CBD oil? Looking into this for pain management after may surgery and would like to hear from those you have used it and their thoughts.

advertisement

Comments

• nutcase007nnutcase007 United StatesPosts: 861
    CPinkston - I use CBD Oil and have found it for me to be an effective tool.  It is not a "silver bullet" but one of several things I take and do in attempt to manage my pain.
  • paulgonzales86paulgonzales86 Posts: 3
    edited 03/14/2019 - 1:21 AM

CBD oil is mostly used by people for chronic pain. It helps reduce pain, inflammation and other health conditions of the body. I personally used this oil and found very effective. But you can consult your family doctor for its usage and is it good or not for your health. Because I heard it have some side effects also.

• advertisement
  • Yes and if you have access to the real product not the one produced by the hemp plant then the relief can be amazing.

• I would be getting the real product not the one produced by the hemp plant..thank you

• Joel1QJJoel1Q Posts: 291
    edited 03/15/2019 - 9:34 AM

I do CBD 30:1 THC during the day, and 1:1 at night, sometimes two dropperfulls of the latter. I augment that with additional blends, works well to take the edge off without pain meds (11 days).  If I have an acute flair up I’m going to be happy to have something stronger in my back pocket, but so far so good.  

L3-S1 ALIF Feb 2018 and 

L3-S1 PLIF Laminectomy and Fusion March 2018

• advertisement
  •  After using dispensary brand cbd oil for months and months I found it did nothing for me other then costing me money. I found the same with the dispensary tincture too. Now that not saying you wont get benefits from it. One of the issues in my state is the dispensary I go to carrys it in only 1 strength so one size fits all were most state mm programs have various strengths. 

I like that it was brought up that medical grade cbd is different then ones bought online or in your local stores. That needs to be stressed alot. Most store or online is made of Male hemp with a great amount of artificial flavoring. There is no quantity control. Medical grade sold at dispensaries are made from the female marijuana plant.

As Joel stated his cbd has a hint or so of thc. Thc is a very important piece when we are talking pain control. I have not been afraid to experiment with higher level of thc ..I find it very important for sleep and night time pain control. I found thc is important for nerve pain control. Sorry CBD doesn't help nerve pain atleast not with me...like with all medications we all have different chemistries and different types of pain..as I said cbd does not help my nerve pain..

• Joel1QJJoel1Q Posts: 291
    edited 03/15/2019 - 2:06 PM

Living in California I’m fortunate enough to have many MM options. I’ve found many outlets, 90% gray market and 10% regulated. The regulated dispensaries are very consistent with the product, testing and reliability.  Both daytime 30:1 (CBD:THC) and evening 1:1 (CBD:THC) are female flower and I get the same brand now for 3 months. I think it’s key to MM success to have product you can trust and count on month to month. Yes it is expensive. Right now the tinctures are costing me about $200/month. I consult with an Naturopathic Dr who specializes in MC (she says medical cannibis, not medical marijuana) and when I weaned below a level of opiates where my pain wasn’t controlled well, she said to increase the THC. So the 1:1 CBD:THC is a 5mg:5mg dosage, I find adding some a up to a total of 50mg each at night depending on how bad the pain was, helped me take the edge off. But I really question it’s ability to handle major flare ups. 

The thing that pisses me off is being encouraged to titrate off pain meds by doctors but insurance doesn’t cover alternative methods for pain relief. Everything (acupuncture, MC, massage, etc) except a small portion of physical therapy is out of pocket expense.  Who makes out then except the insurance companies and the MC dispensary.  

L3-S1 ALIF Feb 2018 and 

L3-S1 PLIF Laminectomy and Fusion March 2018

• Thanks for info 

advertisement