Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!


Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.

L5/S1 disk buldge with an annular fissure

I have a disk bulge with an annular fissure at L5/SI. The fluid leaking from the disk is inflaming the nerve thus causing significant pain.I am a 30 year old male, former athlete due to this injury which first surfaced in November 2016. I have had various treatments some of which included laser, epidurals, spinal decompression, chiropractor, physiotherapy, physical therapy, dry needling, acupuncture, neuro prolotherapy. The pain is in the lower right back, just above the iliac crest and travels down the front of the right leg, the proximal thigh and very bad pain in the posterior of the right leg in the calf region. Occasionally the foot will go numb. The only position of ease is lying in the fetal position on my right side. I have given up athletics, former runner, mainly cross country and trail (average 70 miles per week) and also left my office job due to the increased pain from sitting down. A spinal consultant in Cork declined the opportunity to operate on it as he was unsure on success.

Does anyone have any recommendations on who I could go to or what treatment to try next? Thanks



Sign In or Register to comment.