Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Grinding teeth

To the individual that left a message advising me to read the difference between Cervical nerve impingement and Cervical Cord compression and that you grind your teeth every time you see me say, it typically involves waste up areas ie: necks, upper extremities, hands and fingers, please make a dental appointment for your teeth grinding. The argument that it also involves the lower extremities is usually not typical .There is a chart here on spine-health which will help you identify where and which nerve exits under the vertebrae and what it controls. If your arguement held water, then every cord compression from C-1 through C-4 would be on a vent. I hate debating especially on another sleepless night. ...David

DavidG

Veritas-Health Forum Moderator

advertisement

Comments

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 13,518

David, I believe you are talking about the Dermantone Map

That along with many other medical images of disc problems and what part of the body gets effected will always show that cervical issues stay above the waist.

But we do know that cervical issues can impact lower exterminates, just from some of our members here.  However, as the documents state, that is not the normal situation.

Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences 
  • nutcase007nnutcase007 United StatesPosts: 919
    DavidG - Your above posting is an example of why I find I need to leave the site.  Be it nerve root compression or be it spinal cord compression, it is NOT an all or nothing condition.  Spinal cord compression is a world different than spinal cord severance.  What do you think is spinal stenosis?  It is compression of the spinal cord caused by narrowing of the vertebra.  I have a brother that has spinal stenosis all through his spine, including his cervical spine.

I use myself as another example.  I had a ripped C3/C4 facet joint.  Over the years, the vertebral endplates at that level grew spurs into the spinal canal.  The neurosurgeon that did the fusion at that level said that there wasn't any nerve root impingement.  All the neuro damage was to the spinal sac and cord.  After the surgery, he told me that my cord was the worst bruised spinal sac and cord that wasn't severed that he had ever seen in his 30 plus years as a neurosurgeon.  I am not on a ventilator, but I do have neuromuscular issues with voluntary muscles through my complete body.  
  • advertisement
  • Well Nutcase, If you leave I do hope you find a site that is as nice as this one is. I wish you well!.....David

DavidG

• nutcase007nnutcase007 United StatesPosts: 919

I wasn't looking for a site when I stumbled upon this one and I'm not looking for another site. 

My primary complain here of late has been the "too loose" with the medical facts.  I've been attacked multiple times when I attempted to enter into a discussion to clarify aspects of human anatomy as related to the spine.  I would think it important that a blog site like this try to "get their facts straight".

Maybe I'm different, but I came to this site looking for ideas and trying to learn from others experiences.  It had nothing to do with being nice or liking each other.  One of the people that shared a lot of experiences that were valuable for me was actually a rather "cold personality".  Often the harsh reality of chronic pain is that the "truth hurts".  Most of us here are looking for techniques to hopefully improve our quality of life.  I never was looking to pick a fight or claim that I knew anything more than the next person.  We all live with way too much physical pain to be looking to pick an argument with someone on a "support site".

• Nutcase, since my name was brought into this, I feel it necessary to respond. #1 I do not throw my past career up to gain ANY authority or make myself appear smarter then anyone else! I am not in a contest with anyone. I am here to help anyone who ask questions or help calm their fears of what their facing. Unfortunately, After 30 plus years taking care are of patients, your brain goes into that medical mode just like a electrician goes into the same mode when asked a electrical problem. Like you, I am facing another surgery and have accepted the outcome regardless of how it turns out. I am not here for myself but hopefully to help relieve any new member from the fear and anxiety that they are facing! I’m Not here to argue, debate or to take downright  nasty personal messages ( wasn’t you ) . Over this site!........David

DavidG

• advertisement
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 13,518

I would like to step in for a second.  Lets not allow this to get into a comment war.

Everyone has their own personalities and some folks may conflict with another. 

If you feel the need to continue these comments, I am asking you to do it in private messages, or better still offline with email

Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences 
  • Completely agree Ron and well noted....David

DavidG

advertisement