Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

We're building a better forum experience with you in mind. Beginning June 26, 2019, all Veritas Health forums will move to forum.veritashealth.com.

Learn More

Can Cervical Spondylosis Cause Shoulder Pain

I am 66 years old, soon to be 67. I was diagnosed in 1999 with osteoarthritis which was relatively mild until I reached my 60's. About 3 years ago I was diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis, and then last year with osteoporosis in the left hip. A bout a three months ago I started having dull pain in my upper and middle back. They did some x-rays and came back with Multi-level Cervical Spondylosis, Severe disc dessication and disc space narrowing. I was told it was probably age related and to just keep taking my tramadol and naproxen and add some Tylenol. The last month I have been having problems with my left shoulder, waking up in a lot of pain right around the should blade, acheness in the upper arm, dull pain in the forearm and general weakness. Normally by the middle of the day it gets better. Some mornings I don't seem to have any problems with it. The last two mornings it has really hurt and I have been getting tingling and some numbness in my fingers.  Other conditions I have are chronic migraines, PTSD, Depression and GERD, mild COPD and mild Asthma but I don't think they have anything to do with this. I exercise every other day on a stepper, walk when the weather permits and do some arm exercises with 3 pound weights. I just wondered if anyone else has these same symptoms and what they do for them. Note: I have a lot of medical allergies, I think at last count was 13. Tramadol was the only pain killer besides tylenol that I did not have a reaction to.

advertisement

Comments