Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Stabbing lower back pain

Hi all, would like some reassurance as to whether this is normal please... I have lower back muscle aches often due to working in retail, today when getting into my friends car I fell on to the seat at an angle - a few minutes later I shifted position in my seat and felt a number of sharp stabbing nerve pains around my lower back which radiated around to my lower left abdominal muscles. The pain still comes and goes according to body posture and position now (several hours later) Is it common that this would cause pain in one side of the abdomen? Thanks for reading! 

advertisement

Comments

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 13,528

Its very difficult to say.  But it sounds like it could be an acute muscle strain.   Watch it for the next couple of days, using ice and heat for comfort.  If it gets worse at any time, call your doctor.

Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences 
  • memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 6,399

I agree with Ron. I have a cray muscle in my back that lets me know how not to move. If it is nerve pain and does not let up, call your doctor.
    Hang in there and keep us posted on how you are doing.

Sandra
    Veritas-Health Forum Moderator
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my  Medical History
  • advertisement
  • @dilauro @memerainbolt thank you both for your replies and advice, I will keep you posted with what happens