Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Spinal fusion

I've heard all kinds of things about spinal fusion. Can someone please give me some positive feedback on it. If there is any. Thx.

advertisement

Comments

• LizLiz Posts: 9,768
    edited 04/29/2019 - 3:19 AM

Hello BassPlayer14 

welcome to spine-health

Please give more information, all spine patients are different and outcome depends on many situations. There are lots of articles and discussions regarding fusions that you can research.

Many members do not return to the forum after recovery they go back to work and getting on with their life.

Liz, 

Veritas-Health Forum Moderator

Spinal stenosis since 1995
    Lumber decompression surgery S1 L5-L3[1996]
    Cervical stenosis, so far avoided surgery
  • BassPlayer14

As Liz said, more information would be helpful, what levels, cervical or lumbar?

I will tell you my story, which I consider a success, I have had 3 fusion surgeries, the first was L5 which was bone on bone prior to surgery, surgeon wanted to do L3-L4 during surgery, dummy me didn't let him do it, so I had that done a little over a year later, I went back to work after both surgeries, 4 weeks after first, 8 weeks after second, I have also had cervical fusion surgery,

If I did not have other spinal problems, I don't think the fusion surgeries would be very much of a problem at all.

There are many success stories of fusion patients, many that have went on to live a full and pain free life.

Take care and keep us posted.

Chip

challenger
    Veritas-Health Moderator

• advertisement