Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

We're building a better forum experience with you in mind. Beginning June 26, 2019, all Veritas Health forums will move to forum.veritashealth.com.

Learn More

Do you wear compression socks need ideas please

Hi
I have edema on my ankles and wear compression socks (suck) anyways I bought this pair I really like but cannot find it again.
I know we cannot get names but maybe I can ask for anyone who knows what the kind  (like the material) you cannot see through are called. 
All my life I have hated nylon feeling socks because they made me itch and go nuts like some do when scratching on a caulk board.  :)
If you have any ideas please let me know you will make my day.
Thanks so much Sherri

advertisement

Comments

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 13,434

Sheri,  I have a condition ( Chronic venous hypertension with inflammation, laterality a condition where the blood leaks downward due to the effect of gravity through leaky one-way valves. ) that requires me to wear compression socks.   I hated them from the very first day.  After a few days wearing them, I developed an allergic reaction to the material.   We tried several different types of compression socks, but all gave me the allergic reaction, even those that said they are hypoallergenic.

I did try a pair that I picked up from Amazon, Sheri, if I remembered the name I would send you an email with that, but I forgot.

But these were zip up compression stockings.   It made it much easier to put on.   

Trying to put on those compression stockings with a bad spine, shoulder and hips was always a challenge.   Every time I did put them on I just thought of all the women who had to put on stockings when they were dressed up.

Men have it so much easier!

I will look through my Amazon orders to see if I can find it

Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences 
  • Ron
    Wow you just have way too much to deal with. But we are getting up there and it piles on right. I do have an apt. due to some of those ugly ones making a statement on the back of my knee.
    Have you ever had work done on your legs such as vein stripping or anything and did it help? I am hoping if they do some repair on my leg it will help the circulation a bit.
    OM thanks so much you get it for sure it is hard and how funny I always thought big deal. Yes exactly itching and redness so finally my doctor said no more of the common ones like they sell everywhere. I have spent so so much money on socks and they don't even make me pretty Ha Ha.
    For sure hard for you with all that going on what a picture right that struggle then there is my hands it is super painful can get them flared for a few hours. 
    My vein doctor (who is wow  good looking ha ha) never dreamed it but wears them and has since he was 21 not due to problems just believes they are a good idea. 
    These that I like have a different material on the toes and heels plus the fabric is the kind you cannot see through it is thicker too not slick.
    I really really appreciate that you will do that will keep my fingers crossed.
    Thanks a bunch Sherri

• advertisement
  • Ron
    I just wanted to respond on here that once again you came through for a member me :) by e-mailing me that address. They are exactly the kind of material I was looking for and going to try the zip kind. With these hands they should be so much easier than the other types. This is huge for me with the rashes/itching from the other material and just plain frustration of finding what I was looking for you solved it.
    I think often members including myself take for granted our moderators who have so many responsibilities take the time to help us like this. 
    Thank you big time! 
    Sherri

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 13,434

Sherri,  you are more then welcome

Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences 
advertisement