Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

We're building a better forum experience with you in mind. Beginning June 26, 2019, all Veritas Health forums will move to forum.veritashealth.com.

Learn More

Sciatica and pain: Coping with time alone.

Good evening!

I wish to ask if someone here deal with lower back pain and sciatica without family and friends close. What do you do to cope with depression and loneliness?

My husband is a very, very supportive man. He is by my side since day one of my journey through lower back pain and sciatica. Every doctor visit, every sleepless night. But at least one or twice a month he has to travel to work in another city. He spends one and sometimes two weeks away from home and I stay alone. We dont live in our home town so our family are three hours by plane from us. I work from home so basically i´m spent a great deal of time by myself.

He already cancel two of his work trips and he lost money every time he does that. So today we were talking and he said that can´t cancel anymore because he is the middle of a big project that involves other people and he can´t let them down. 

I never had problems with the trips before, i´m used to it. But now will be the first time he has to go while i´m in pain. I will not asking him to cancel again just to stay with me because i understand his work responsibilities.  But i´m a bit scared to be honest. 

So, any ideas of how to deal with these feelings?

advertisement

Comments

• Open communication between loved ones helps.

It sounds like hubby is plugged in and tuned in to your life.

Maybe a set time at a certain day for personal time between you two?

Record a sweet nothing and send one sometime during the day? Email or video text?

Send him of with one envelope per day to be opened at bed time..and him for you?

Keep a video diary and at yalls leisure open it up and both can hear the sounds of that day

Its never easy to be alone and in pain

Hang in there!

William Garza
    Spine-Health Mod
    erator

Welcome to Spine-Health

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 13,434

@crzgaby

What William wrote is so true.

Here are some medical articles that describe and help people dealing with Depression and Coping

Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences 
  • advertisement
  • crzgaby

One thing you also need to remember, you have a great big family right here, there is usually always somebody here to talk with when you are down.

Chip

challenger
    Veritas-Health Moderator