Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Who's had PNS for lower back pain?

One of my doctors has recommended peripheral nerve stimulation (PNS) for my back pain. This is where they implant electrodes into your back to stimulate the nerves, blocking the pain signal. I'm wondering if anyone has had this and what was your experience? 

advertisement

Comments

• Hello mdbob - I've not had one implanted, but if I was in chronic severe pain I'd certainly think about it.  There was a randomized controlled trial conducted in Australia by Philip Finch (Perth Pain Management Center)  on peripheral nerve stimulation at 10kHz frequency that showed positive results for pain relief.  The study was published in the journal "Neuromodulation."  If you're pain is intolerable, I'd give it a try.  And then let us all know how it worked for you!!

• @mdbob This procedure is next on the agenda for me.  I have an appointment in about a month to discuss this procedure in more depth with my Pain Doctor.  I wish I had some feedback for you but I have not yet had this done but I hope it works as I plan to give it a shot.  I will post my results after I have this done to try to help anyone that is interested.  Have a good day.

• advertisement
  • Looks like mine will be scheduled for June. I will be getting the Sprint SPR system. I'll report back, too. Hope it goes well for you, Richardson! 

• @mdbob, you too.  Good luck!

advertisement