Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Fusion L4-5. Cages lumbar

8 weeks post op. Burning sensation lower legs. Very fatigued back. Multiple level failure due to spinal clinic fiasco in Tampa. FL.  Just want to know if anyone having any of same issue.

advertisement

Comments

• mandtpie

welcome to spine-health

learn how to use spine-health - take the system tutorial 

new member information guideline / checklist 

You have given us some information, but more is needed for other members to fully understand your post, such as what the fiasco was.

T he burning pain you are having is most likely nerve pain, which unfortunately is fairly normal, nerves were moved, stretched and decompressed during surgery, they are now looking for their new normal, if you are not already, there are several nerve specific medications that could be very beneficial for your pain, that is something you would need to discuss with your doctor.

I have posted a link below that would be good reading for you.

recovery, the most important phase - patience required

Take care and keep us posted

Chip

challenger
    Veritas-Health Moderator

• memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 6,399

mandypie

Like Chip stated, we need more information regarding yourself, your surgery and what happened. Also, why did you have to have surgery?
    We don't mind helping you out, we just some information.

Sandra
    Veritas-Health Forum Moderator
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my  Medical History
  • advertisement
  • Mandypie,

I’m

Sorry you are in pain and frustrated. I feel your pain!

I had an L4-L5 fusion with cage last Nov and mine has failed (and then some, I’m calling it the Botch Job). I have all kinds of below the waist nerve-related symptoms now. I sought a second opinion after 4 months of being ignored and having all kinds of meds shoved at me (incl Forteo when I don’t have osteoporosis, no, thanks). 

I am scheduled for another surgery in June with a higher level of confidence in the new doctor. He told me I am “worse than before” the 1st one and that the last surgeon didn’t even do some of the things he was supposed to (laminectomy, clean up facets and open nerve root spaces). 

IMO, a second opinion is well worth exploring. You know your body and while nerves waking up and muscles acting tweaky while healing are common, having issues/pain left unexplored isn’t good. I was telling my doc for weeks that something wasn’t right in my right psoas muscle and he blew me off. MRI from the new doc showed a new piece of bone extending into the (what?) psoas muscle.