Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

A lot at once and not getting better

I had an L4-L5 fusion in Nov 18 that didn’t go well. The surgeon didn’t do stuff he was supposed to and other things went wrong. I was out of work for 12 weeks. I am now facing a second surgery in June, likely L4-S1 (due to the new damage at L5). The symptoms I’m experiencing have me on a work from home medical accommodation.

I was re-orged into my role in Jan 18 doing work I’ve never done before with a new boss who has never managed before. The relationship has been bad from the start and has only gotten worse. She has changed my responsibilities to less favorable work “that you can do from home” (although my peers frequently work from home without accommodation) and says I have gaps because I am “out” (“missed a drive by meeting”, “it was a hallway conversation”, etc). I’ve approached HR multiple times with zero help. I even took advantage of my company’s employee assistance program and went to see a counselor who helped some, but also said I was already using all of the “tools” she had to offer in the situation.

I’m sick all the time, my stomach is a wreck, and it’s not helping my pain levels AT ALL, which leads to just being so darned sad/down all the time. I live on the verge of tears. (I get that it’s a choice, but all of the “positive thinking” memes aren’t helpful) I’ve been with my company for 10 years and am actively looking for a new position, but I live in fear of this person firing me because I had an extra space in meeting notes I sent out (yes, actual feedback and the space was deliberate to have a break in a bulleted list). My daughters and I can’t be without health insurance and it terrifies me.

Also, my only pain treatment right now is Tylenol. NSAIDs were wrecking my stomach even worse and I can’t take anything prescription and still function. 

It is just so much and I’m exhausted of trying to bad-a.. my way through.

advertisement

Comments

• Bagdobs, I honestly feel for you. Some options are available though such as FMLA ,short term disability, was this a workman’s comp accident? If so a workman’s comp attorney would be a life saver! Please keep us posted and let us know how we can help...David

DavidG

Veritas-Health Forum Moderator

• DavidG, thank you. All my FMLA was used up with the Nov botched surgery and it wasn’t an accident. I do have short term disability, which I’m grateful for, but if I get fired, that goes away. I have a ton of documentation around her behavior, but don’t know if it will be enough. 

• advertisement
  • Bagdobs, you can get your FMLA extended with paperwork by your MD. As far as short term disability, speak with HR. If no resolution, you might want to speak with a disability attorney!...David

DavidG

Veritas-Health Forum Moderator