Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

What levels do you have your Medtronic spinal stimulator?

Hi, Had a Medtronic simulator installed in my  back one year ago and it is not doing as hoped. My trail I got a good 80% relief, but now I can't tell the difference between it on or off. I get the tingling when I turn it up I'm not sure how high I should have it. My rep has been very good but when I ask how high I should have it , He said where I'm comfortable with . Don't know if I'm just a to sensitive to the tingle. Like to know what level others are using. Thanks 

advertisement

Comments

• Staledale

welcome to spine-health

learn how to use spine-health - take the system tutorial 

new member information guideline / checklist 

We have many members with stimulators and they will be along with comments for you.

I had a stimulator for several years and had good success with it, mine was Boston Scientific, it quit working after a fusion surgery and had to be removed, there has been talk of another one, but I doubt the insurance would be interested.

Take care and keep us posted

Chip

challenger
    Veritas-Health Moderator

• memerainboltmemerainbolt IndianaPosts: 6,399

Your rep had the best answer, where you are comfortable. Everyone is different using the SCS so no matte what someone says is their comfort zone might not be yours.
    I had a SCS and the trial went great. But once the implant was done, it was all down hill. I had it removed and all leads within about 2 months.

Keep adjusting but in small increments. Keep notes on what number you put it on and how the pain was effected.
    Good luck and keep us posted.

Sandra
    Veritas-Health Forum Moderator
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my  Medical History
  • advertisement
  • @Staledale you should set your stimulation levels wherever you feel comfortable and achieve the desired relief. I tend to routinely set my SCS at a level below my detection threshold, meaning I don't feel any tingling. However, if I'm having a bad day I set my SCS at a higher level where I may be comfortably aware of the stimulation. I don't think there's a right or wrong answer. The absolute numerical level will depend on your lead placement and device programming.