Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

We're building a better forum experience with you in mind. Beginning June 26, 2019, all Veritas Health forums will move to forum.veritashealth.com.

Learn More

ongoing leg pain after discectomy

Comments

• It has been 13 months since my surgery and I am on the road to recovery. I am lucky enough to have great communication with my doctor who has kept me inform and set great expectations. I recently went to see her a few weeks before Christmas with soon much pain. She prescribed prednisone and I felt much better. An MRI was taken which showed the scar tissue is getting better, the collection of fluid is going away and all other disc are where they should be.  I still have really bad flare ups on my right leg down to my big numb toe which always feels like Fred Flinstone finger when he hit it. I went to a very warm climate 2x in a year and it was great. There are so many things I can't do , no gym, no long walks no heels all day. I still have to take my pain mess every now and then but lately it's been more frequent so I set up shot #3 within 13 months. One of the biggest thing my doctor told me is "how ever you felel in 18 months is how you should feel forever"  this made my realize I still have time. So if you are in pain trust me...I have been there and there are still days I cry from the pain but know that it will get better. I have picked up almost 35pounds ( some due to being board) once I get better with pain and stiffness the weight will come off. Though the reviews say don't get a tempurpedic bed I did and I spent a lot of money for it but it has made my life easier. Just take your healing one day at a time and great communication is key.  I will repost after shot #3 in 2 weeks. 
    Never give up!
  • Can you give us an update???
  • advertisement
  • So how is it going?
  • MoosterMMooster Boston Posts: 2
    I just had a 9mm synovial cyst removed from L4/L5 with micro decompression without the fusion. Before the surgery I had numbness and tingling in my feet with sore pain in thoracic and lumbar/ hip area. Now I get extreme pain in lumbar and thoracic area as well as my right hip feels like it was thrown out of whack when they put me in that surgery stirrup face down. I know it's been only a week and a half but I can no longer walk without sharp pain in my buttock area and the numbness and tingling seems to be getting worse The cyst was pressing on the thecal sac and a nerve root but now I'm wondering if I should have tried the aspiration of the cyst before agreeing to the surgery. I'm sure they had to cut deep to get at the cyst and I'm wondering if the nerve was compromised.  I am getting vey worried that I made my pain worse instead of relieving it. I'm so glad to be a part of this group it's helping me cope to know that others are trying to muddle through this spine mess. 
    Brawny
  • SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 7,270
    hello mooster !
    welcome to spine-health
    please click on link for helpful information!
    Sue
    Honorary Spine-Health Moderator
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History

• advertisement
  • R u better now? Plz let us know. Thanks
  • LizLiz Posts: 9,746
    this is a very old discussion the member that created it is no longer on the forum for support i suggest you create a new discussion.
    please click on the link for useful information

Liz, 

Veritas-Health Forum Moderator

Spinal stenosis since 1995
    Lumber decompression surgery S1 L5-L3[1996]
    Cervical stenosis, so far avoided surgery
advertisement
This discussion has been closed.