Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Jeaxbert I HOPE YOUR OK IN THE HEAVY WEATHER!

William GarzaWilliam Garza TexasPosts: 3,372
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:22 AM in Water Cooler
sorry i didnt get to ya sooner.ya i feel guilty as sin!
i was gonna say if you need to run and the biggun hasnt rund down this way, Corpus Christi has lots of spaces for all you wonderful and brave Louisiana folks! it lokes like GUSTAV went on in and up to Shrieveport and theres another great bugger out there, so i hope you and Uncle Boudroux and his new mule come on down if it gets to heavy up there!
Take care and be safe all you guys!
William Garza
Spine-Health Mod
erator

Welcome to Spine-Health

advertisement

Comments

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 11,349
    Hoping that you and your family are safe
    Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • Ditto
  • advertisement
  • safe and well and let us know how you are when you get a chance. You and your family will stay in our thoughts and prayers....Miki
  • I tried to talk my parents into evacuating to Shreveport. They are elderly, and not in the best health (mom was diagnosed with cancer in april and dad is in his 80's).

They wouldn't go unless I did. So I packed up my Sister, Debbie, my parents, and my 2 youngest sons and we went to Shreveport to my neice's house (She is in the Air National Guard at Barksdale). HER lights went out Monday nite about 11. So, my crew packed up and stayed 2 nites at the Shreveport Hilton (they were awesome! They let people bring their pets!)

Now, I am at my OTHER sister's house in Elton, LA (Jefferson Davis Parish).

We lost power and it looks like everything won't be restored for another week, maybe 2. My house sustained minor damage (as far as I am concerned). We lost some of our shingles on the east side of the house and rain came in as a result. PLUS, hubby had to empty out the fridge. He threw what he had to away. NOW, everyone is cooking our deer sausage, backstrap and deer roasts to keep from having to throw it out. MAN! I love me some back strap!

SO, all in all - not too bad. BUT, thank you so much for your thoughts, prayers and concern. I am positive that was what kept us safe!

You guys ROCK!!

Jeaux

(Ranch - Uncle Boudreaux stayed in the bayou. He is doing just fine and I am sure he will be sharing stories just as soon as we can find him!) /:)
  • sure Uncle Boudreaux is just fine. We will be looking forward to his stories.
  • advertisement
  • I am so glad you are well and safe! i was worried mighty powerful"! i saw the storm take the northerly track and went ohh! I ran out of Monroe for a while and its wonderful up there! Uncle Boudreaux should be just fine, ime sure he hopped on the houseboat, Donned his Jean La Feet pirate hat and had a BALL!
    Ime really glad you and yours came through fine! Dont forget, All our Louisiana bro's and sis's are always welcom to come and escape mother natures wrath!
    William Garza
    Spine-Health Mod
    erator

Welcome to Spine-Health

• This is an incredible web site for tracking current and past storms.

http://www.stormpulse.com/tropical-storm-hanna-2008

Turn on "Forecast Models" to see all the computer model forecasts of Hanna's path. You can then click those circles on each model's path to see date/time and predicted intensity.

Another interesting item is to click Wind Probabilities, click the icon by a city and then hover your mouse over "Chance by day".
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 11,349
    Jeaux, I am happy that you and your family is safe now.
    I am sure its going tough for you guys until power is restored.

Now,backstrap, hmmmm if there is any left over and no one claimed them, COD to me!
    I am not crazy about venison, but backstrap is like heaven
    Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • give me a few weeks, Ron. :W
  • Jeaux

What is backstrap?

Really glad that you only sustained minor damage and that you were able to have an "adventure" and stay safe. Great to have you back.

"C"
advertisement